For the identification of insects and other fauna and flora of South Africa.

Sunday, January 12, 2014

After the rain

Now that we have had some rain it seems like the insects are popping out all over.
This interesting firefly larvae was crawling around the paved driveway for two days trying to find a plant until I picked it up and put it on a nearby bush.
These spiders, Flatties, are quite vicious and extremely difficult to get photographs of.
They do no stay still or let you come near them. I caught this one in a container and managed to sneak a peek at him with my camera by moving extremely slowly.

4 comments:

weekend et coup de brosse said...

Très joli post ! magnifiques photos!
Bon dimanche- Cath

Diane said...

Looks different to the flat spiders that I remember. Have a good day Diane

Gaelyn said...

Oh boy the bugs are out.

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

I just see the word firefly and you have my attention. LOL!