For the identification of insects and other fauna and flora of South Africa.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Short days

We are going into winter, the days are getting shorter and a mist covers everything in the early mornings.
It seems that nowdays, I leave in the dark and get back in it too. The only nice thing about this time of year is that when I leave in the mornings, I see my beloved animals on the road and slow down to watch them a while.
We have had more than our fair share of rain the past few weeks and this poor man got stuck crossing the stream so I stopped to ask if he needed any help.




The best thing about rain storms is always the sunset. The colors are always so striking and rich.

Poor old frog!! Even though they are supposed to like water, I think the rain had become too much for him and he decided to take shelter in my kitchen. :)

No comments: