For the identification of insects and other fauna and flora of South Africa.

Friday, May 27, 2011

More bugs

This green Spittle Bug had just climbed out of its hiding place and offered a good photograph. They are very small, less than ½ and inch in length. Only the nymphs live in these balls of spittle.

An unknown and mysterious bug….. I cannot find the likes of it anywhere so if someone know what it is, I would appreciate you letting me know.

A Shield bug which I cannot find a name for…….

Now this is not the place to go and sit down. It is a Euphorbia and grows almost as a creeper. Many of the same species are trees which grow to a great height.

On the very tip of a thorn I noticed these amazing eggs. Do enlarge the picture to see the neat ring around the base of them. Although there was a tiny fly on it, I think it was just feeding and could not have either laid or come from those eggs.

No comments: