For the identification of insects and other fauna and flora of South Africa.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Museum Gardens - Part 1

There is a very old house a little way out of town and I was asked to tag along to take pictures of the pretty gardens. During the summer, there is a riot of color there with flowers of every shape and description but naturally with all the flowers around, there are also a lot of bugs.

An Ermine Moth sits in the shadow and hopes I am nothing which will prey on him.
The symmetry of this dandelion is amazing.
In close-up one can see how perfect it is.
An unknown caterpillar had found a hole in this tree and was trying to get into it. I wonder if it was a female and had maybe laid eggs in it or if there was something to eat inside?
A very odd shape jumping spider who was so small, I could hardly find it with my camera lens.
The following two shots are flowers growing there which I have never seen before.
Any ideas what kind they are? They were very pretty.
A beetle curls up in a leaf and pretends I do not see him. Almost every flower and plant had some kind of insect on it.

No comments: