For the identification of insects and other fauna and flora of South Africa.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Centurion Waterfront

I have never done night photography before much less anything which is moving so I decided to challenge myself to a session.

Please enlarge these photographs by cliciking on them to get a better view of them.
Not too far from where I live we have a water fountain in the center of a small lake. The lights and the water out of the sprays are set to music and quite spectacular to see. The closest I could get to it was about 50 feet.

My first attempt came out like this.....not very good as you can see!! :(
But I soon got the hang of it.
I had gone there unexpectedly and only had my small P&S with me.
Next time I will take my 400D and the tripod as I am sure I can do much better than this.
If you enlarge the pics you will see a lot of ducks in the foreground on some sandbanks.
Some of the spraying water shots are fairy good but I think I needed a higher ISO on these.
Some of the spraying water shots are fairy good but I think I needed a higher ISO on these.
Any ideas, advice or suggestions would be welcome?

No comments: